México City, October 24th 2018
The 5 things you need to know ahead of the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO™
- The F1®ESTA will be bigger than ever when the 2018 Formula 1® World Championship fight comes to México City this weekend
- With just 4 days to go until the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICOTM here are the five things you need to know before you arrive at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
The F1®ESTA that is the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO™ is going to be bigger than ever before. Lewis Hamilton did not wrap up the title at the US Grand Prix, so the battle resumes in México. You already know the Mercedes driver only needs to finish seventh to take his fifth Drivers’ Championship this weekend. However, here are five other things maybe you didn’t know before you arrive in México City.
- The atmosphere at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez will be like no other now that race weekend tickets have sold out before a car has even hit the track.
- Sombreros, Mariachis and Day of the Dead? That barely skims the surface of this nation’s vast cultural wealth. Mexican folk culture will be everywhere at this year’s Grand Prix. Vibrant and surreal mythical creatures called alebrijes will prowl the paddock and join the star of the official poster – the tree of life – to take over the opening ceremony in theatrical style.
- The FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICOTM falls on the last weekend of October, so what better way to launch the annual Movember campaign? Teams and drivers will be getting involved and for the first time ever there will be a barber shop in the Paddock. There will be an extra special track run on Thursday and there will be even more opportunities for everyone to show their support on social media wherever they are in the world.
- On race day, fans all over the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez grandstands will say goodbye to one of the greatest drivers in the history of Formula 1® by wearing masks of Fernando Alonso’s face while giving him a standing ovation. Don’t miss out, download the mask from the website at https://www.mexicogp.mx/mascara-alonso/ to be a part of this unique send-off.
- Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren will be in charge of the finale of FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2018™. After making history last year by becoming the first Grand Prix to have a DJ on the podium, for the second consecutive year the organizers of the best F1®ESTA in the world are preparing to make their fourth edition another unforgettable event. The spectacle is part of the Heineken® More than a Race campaign and will take place at the iconic Mexican podium located in the Foro Sol area to officially close the event.
- Don’t forget, the best of the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICOTM is the unexpected, so stay tuned to the press room on the official website for further information.
M. +44 7973 305256
M. +52 1 (55) 6194 2838
About FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO™:
The top category of motorsport has returned to Mexico, after twenty-three years of absence, a pioneer of major sporting events in our country. With hosting rights from 2015 to 2019, the renewed Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez is the scene of the return of F1ESTA to the country, with a track of the highest world standard.
In its most recent three editions (2015, 2016 and 2017), over 1 million people have witnessed the race, which – according to analysis by Formula Money – has made the Mexican GP the second with more spectators worldwide (after Great Britain).
To date, the 2015, 2016 & 2017 editions of the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO™ have generated over 30 thousand jobs in the region and have achieved an economic impact of $2.2 billion USD ($39.6 billion MXN).
Mexico will once again achieve global recognition through the race, which will take place from October 26 to 28 – after the third successive year of being voted “Best Promoter of the Year” in the category by FIA and FOM, the highest authorities of professional motorsports worldwide.
For more information on the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO™ visit: http://www.mexicogp.mx/
About Formula 1®
Formula 1® racing began in 1950 and is the world’s most prestigious motor racing competition, as well as the world’s most popular annual sporting series. In 2016 it was watched by 400 million unique television viewers from over 200 territories. The 2017 FIA Formula One World Championship™ runs from March to November and spans 20 races in 20 countries across five continents. Formula One World Championship Limited is part of Formula 1, and holds the exclusive commercial rights to the FIA Formula One World Championship™.
Formula 1 is a subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation (NASDAQ: LSXMA, LSXMB, LSXMK, BATRA, BATRK, FWONA, FWONK) attributed to the Formula One Group tracking stock.
The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, FORMULA 1, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company.
All rights reserved.