- The F1®ESTA will be bigger than ever when the 2018 Formula 1® World Championship fight comes to México City this weekend
- With just 4 days to go until the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICOTM here are the five things you need to know before you arrive at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
The F1®ESTA that is the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO™ is going to be bigger than ever before. Lewis Hamilton did not wrap up the title at the US Grand Prix, so the battle resumes in México. You already know the Mercedes driver only needs to finish seventh to take his fifth Drivers’ Championship this weekend. However, here are five other things maybe you didn’t know before you arrive in México City.
- The atmosphere at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez will be like no other now that race weekend tickets have sold out before a car has even hit the track.
- Sombreros, Mariachis and Day of the Dead? That barely skims the surface of this nation’s vast cultural wealth. Mexican folk culture will be everywhere at this year’s Grand Prix. Vibrant and surreal mythical creatures called alebrijes will prowl the paddock and join the star of the official poster – the tree of life – to take over the opening ceremony in theatrical style.
- The FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICOTM falls on the last weekend of October, so what better way to launch the annual Movember campaign? Teams and drivers will be getting involved and for the first time ever there will be a barber shop in the Paddock. There will be an extra special track run on Thursday and there will be even more opportunities for everyone to show their support on social media wherever they are in the world.
- On race day, fans all over the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez grandstands will say goodbye to one of the greatest drivers in the history of Formula 1® by wearing masks of Fernando Alonso’s face while giving him a standing ovation. Don’t miss out, download the mask from the website at https://www.mexicogp.mx/mascara-alonso/ to be a part of this unique send-off.
- Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren will be in charge of the finale of FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICO 2018™. After making history last year by becoming the first Grand Prix to have a DJ on the podium, for the second consecutive year the organizers of the best F1®ESTA in the world are preparing to make their fourth edition another unforgettable event. The spectacle is part of the Heineken® More than a Race campaign and will take place at the iconic Mexican podium located in the Foro Sol area to officially close the event.
Don’t forget, the best of the FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE MÉXICOTM is the unexpected, so stay tuned to the press room on the official website for further information.